The guitar is played by almost all age groups and most of the love them, if you are the one who loves to get an acoustic guitar then I assure you that this article will be the perfect guide for you in choosing the right type of Acoustic Guitar.
Factors to consider while choosing an Acoustic Guitar
Make sure you follow the below guidelines before choosing the Acoustic Guitars.
If you are a beginner or starter, then your first choice needs to be the Acoustic model, there are many reasons, and the important one is that you can play it straight out of the box with ease. You need not worry about extra accessories like cables and amplifiers. Another one important aspect is that acoustic guitar is considered to be the cheaper investment when compared to the electric ones.
Acoustic guitars help the starters to learn about playing the chords and to develop the necessary skills so that you can start with the electric guitars later.
Choosing the Guitar for your children
If you are going to select a guitar for your children, then you need to choose the one that can be easily accessed by the children as they will have smaller hands when compared to adults. For a ten year child, you need to pick the ½ size guitar so that they can make use of it and play more relaxed. The next perfect option for the children is a ukulele which will provide the different music will fun involved.
What is the right age for children to play guitar?
There is no fixed timing for playing guitar, most of the children from 6 years start to play guitar, but ukulele could be the most fun instrument for them to play at the age.
Right guitar based on the age group
There are some of the rules you can follow while choosing the guitar for your age group.
- If your child is under 6, then it’s good to get an affordable ukulele.
- Children who are between 7 to 11 years of age can go with the ½ sized guitar.
- Children between 12 to 15 years of age can get the ¾ sized guitar.
- Full-sized instruments are best for the children who are above 16+
Advantages of tiny guitars
There are more benefits of smaller guitars namely.
- They are mostly affordable, and therefore you need not spend more on the guitars.
- ¾ sized guitars are considered to be perfect for travel guitars, and you can also try acoustic guitars in cases.
- Mostly ¾ sized guitars are perfectly suitable for children, there are some high-cost models in this section too.
Know the difference between acoustic and classical guitar
Proceed below to check out the significant differences between classical and acoustic guitars.
- Classical guitars will not have steel strings; they has the softer nylon strings for the simple playing. This is the main reason why classical guitars are preferred for the children.
- Classical guitars are tiny and produce a quieter and mellower sound when combined with nylon strings and are better when compared to acoustic guitars.
- Most of the classical guitars you find will have broader and chunkier necks which will be hard for the children to play in the case of a full sized one.
The steel strings sound brighter and crispier when compared to the nylon string, but they are also derived to hard playing. Some of the players use plectrum while playing the acoustic guitars; these can be performed with the help of finger by strings picking.
Hope the above buying guide on Acoustic Guitar helps you in choosing the right one.
Any ideas, thoughts, and queries on Acoustic guitar are welcome.
What type of acoustic guitar do you use? Share the experience with us in the comment section below.